Friday, October 12, 2012

Want to piss management off? Do this!

 With the holiday coming up, thousands of people will be flocking to Walmart. This would be perfectly fine if the management at walmart would work *with* the their associates, not against them. It would be ok if management would realize that one person can not be responsible for providing customer service, stock shelves, maintain a safe working environment, check in with the task manager, run a cash register, watch the door, ect,ect. In other words, Walmart expects their poorly paid employees to do pretty much everything and not only do that but do it with a smile.

 Sooner or later, any associate will break under the pressure management places on them.. IF you let them, When I first started at Walmart in 2007 I really cared about doing a good job. It took exactly 6 months for me to see and fully understand how Walmart #3829 was totally corrupt. I could go into all the details but I honestly don't care, at least, I don't care tonight. Maybe I will go into all the details at some later date. Just know that we had an employee calling in once a week but since he didn't call the 1800 number and called the overnight manager who just happened to be his buddy, his attendance was absolutely perfect before he was fired for sexually harassing another employee, like he had done many many times before..but this time he was fired because he did it IN FRONT OF a manager and the manager was 'forced' to do something about it. At that point, I realized if this man can call in and nothing happens, I should be able to do the same thing.. of course management HATED me because I was like sand in their vagina. Always pointing out the policies they were breaking. Always taking pictures of blocked fire doors, always using words like OSHA and HOSTILE WORKING ENVIRONMENT. I didn't have a buddy in management and thank God for that because I'm not the type to act like I like someone when I don't. So, I took a good long look at the attendance policy and I found a loophole that as of June 2012, they have not closed.  Now that I'm free from that horrible place. I am going to share my knowledge of how to use Walmart's own attendance policy against them in order to take much needed 'mental holidays' throughout the year but especially after your manager has pushed you just a little bit too hard and you feel like getting him or her back for what they have done.. this is what you do. Remember, this is as of June 2012. CHECK to see it is the same before doing what I am going to outline here.

WHAT DO I DO?

 1) Tell management that you would like a print off of your absences for the past 6 months. EVERY employee should do this regardless if they plan on calling in or not. At first, most likely management will say they will print it out for you, then you will never hear about it again because the are hoping you will forget about it. DON'T FORGET ABOUT IT.. start bugging them every single day and don't take no for an answer. You have a right to know what they have in their system when it come to attendance.  Once you get this print out in hand.. hang on to it for dear life.. This is your guide and the most important information you will have if you want to screw them over. With this print out you are able to see exactly how many 'points' you have. Don't think you know just because you haven't called in. If you were late, they could have put a third of a point on your record. This is IMPORTANT information to have.  This print out will also tell you exact when your points will 'roll off'.. Example: You look on your print out and you see that you missed June 1st, 2012. With Walmart's attendance policy stating that attendance points roll off after 6 months, that means you know on December 1st, that point will roll off.  This is VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION for you to keep up with. Once you have that print out in hand, you can record on a calender when your points roll off and when you miss from that point on.  I can't stress how important this information can be.



2) Know your attendance policy. When I start a job, the *first* thing I do is look at the attendance policy to get a good feel of it. Then, if need be, like in the case of Walmart, I will go back at a later date to go over it and read between the lines. I am still amazed at the number of Walmart associates who don't know the attendance policy. I truly believe if people knew the attendance policy, first, they wouldn't be able to be pushed around or 'threatened' if they call in. Next, they would see as bad as Walmart is -- and it is BAD -- their attendance policy can be manipulated to allow FULL TIME (I don't know about part time because I was full time when I worked there) associates a total of 18 EXTRA days off (not counting personal and vacation days) a year or more if you know what you are doing -- and you will know by the end of this blog.  Now listen up.. this is the attendance policy as of June 2012 and this is in plain, easy to understand English -- unlike the policy on the Wire. And again, this is for FULL TIME associates.

POINTS

An associate is allowed 3 points in a 6 month period. As long as an associate stays under 4 points, management can not say a word about their attendance.  Each associate is allowed to call in THREE CONSECUTIVE  WORK DAYS and that will equal 1 point  **IF** the associate uses the same            reason. In other words, if you call in sick on October 13th, then you call in and tell them your car wont  start on October 14th, they can count that as TWO points. When you call in for more than one day,
ALWAYS use the same reason. ALSO 'CONSECUTIVE WORK DAYS means if you are scheduled Monday - Friday and are off Saturday and Sunday.. If you call in Friday, you can also call in Monday and Tuesday even though you are off Saturday and Sunday. Now, lets say you call in on Friday, come back Monday and call in again on Tuesday. That can count as 2 points. 

 -- The basic rule is this.. if you call in 1 day, and you are full time, it is much better to call in 3 days in a row for the same reason. Not only will you only receive one point, you can also use your sick time on day 2 and 3. I never understood people who would only call in for one night (I worked 3rd shift) when they could call in 3 nights for 1 point and get paid for night 2 and 3. Also, consider this. If you are off say Monday and Tuesday, you can call in Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and there you will have a nice little week's vacation while only missing 8 hours from your paycheck (if you use sick time for Thursday and Friday)

SICK or OTHER?

Anyone who has ever called the 1800 number to call in sick knows you have to put in some information and then the guy says "What is the reason for your absence?" Then you can choose from a list.  How many people know #7 is 'OTHER'.. When and why should you use that?  Let's say you call in sick because you are under the weather but after about 3 hours, you feel pretty good so you and your family go out to eat. Say someone from your job sees you while you're out and goes back to your store and tells your store manager. Did you know that store manager can fire you? It happened at store #3829 in Johnson City, Tennessee and I have heard it happening at other locations.  How does one get around this?  #7 -- OTHER.  Out of my 5 1/2 years at Walmart, 95% of the time there, I used OTHER when I called in. That way if someone saw me out (because I was NEVER sick when I called in) and management wanted to make an issue out of it, I could say "I didn't call in sick, I picked OTHER".   I'm still not sure what "OTHER" could be. I suppose that would cover everything that isn't on the list...so, that pretty much covers you so USE OTHER each and every time no matter what. No matter if you really ARE sick.. use OTHER just in case. 

 Speak to Management? Nah!

Anyone working at Walmart longer than five minutes knows that most managers couldn't give a rat's ass about the other shifts and most probably don't even know the names of the people on the other shifts. I give them slack on that one because who can know the names of people who are hired and quit within a week or less.. anyway.. every single time I ever called in while working at Walmart (and I called in a lot) I *NEVER* talked to management after receiving my confirmation number.. not once. Like I said, I worked 3rd shift. I ALWAYS called in between noon and 5pm. Once I jotted down the all important confirmation number, I let the system ring my store one ring, then I would hang up. I wouldn't care to bet that most Walmarts don't require the associate to speak to a manager and especially 'their' manager. I was never asked for the confirmation number in the 5 1/2 years I was there. Now, I was told at the beginning to 'always speak to your manager when you call in.' and watching what happened to other people when they would do that, I know the managers would throw the guilt trip on them and some would even come in sick and get the rest of us sick. The truth is, you don't have to speak to your manager. That is a lie in order for them to have a chance to guilt you into coming in.

 Now what?

Now that you have the information about the attendance policy and how to screw walmart and remain in their own policy that they have set up.. what can you do with this information?  Consider this --

Walmart is VERY busy the day before Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving and Black Friday - the day after Thanksgiving. I'm sure everyone reading this has heard about the possible upcoming strike on Black Friday and I'm sure there are a lot of OURWalmart members who know other employees who want to see change at Walmart as much as they do but they are unwilling to join the organization or maybe they dont want to 'stir the pot' as it is called here in Tennessee.. Maybe OURWalmart members could pass this information along to those employees and let them know that IF they are full time and IF they are under 3 points..they could take the day before Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving and Black Friday OFF without Walmart being able to do anything about it. They could take time off to spend with their families and 'live better' as Walmart says.. also, the night stockers who will either have to miss family time and sleep on Christmas OR go into work without any sleep at all on Christmas night.. they could also take advantage of this by calling in on December 23rd, (they are off the 24), 25th & 26th.   Let's forget about the holidays for awhile.. what about using this information to spread out your vacation hours.. in other words.. put in two vacation days before two days off, then call in 3 days after. You've just got 7 days off for the price of 16 vacation hours. 

What about my holiday pay?


I heard this from my fellow coworkers when I worked at Walmart and would tell them all this information. They would come to work because of the infamous rule of a person has to work the scheduled day before and the scheduled day after if they are to get holiday pay..  Can you imagine their shock when I pointed out that most, if not ALL of the times we got the holiday pay, our hours were cut within the next two weeks?  Think about it.. of course, not all stores are the same but a lot will give you holiday pay..or the quarterly bonus, then turn right around within the next two weeks and cut you 8 to 16 hours. I have seen store #3829 give holiday pay and then cut people DOUBLE what they got in holiday pay. So, you have to ask yourself, are you working at a store like that? If so, what are you REALLY getting for coming into work on Thanksgiving  or Christmas or New Years Day?.. If your store is like #3829 then you are getting NOTHING. You are giving your time to a company that doesn't care about anything other than the almighty dollar. You are taking time away from your family, time you will NEVER get back and giving it to the biggest, greediest, most shameful company on the face of the planet..  Ask yourself.. why do this?  Why do this ESPECIALLY if you are full time and have sick time and are under 3 points? 

Always remember, Walmart associates ARE Walmart. Without he associates, Walmart wouldn't last 1 week, how could it? If ALL associates would come together and demand better treatment NO associate would feel the need to have to take advantage of the loop-holes in the attendance policy. If management would simply remember what it was like to be an associate or if upper management could come down off their high horse and see that unless they keep the associates happy THEY will lose their jobs because the associates can make or break Walmart. 

I can't wait to see what happens and if anyone has any questions about what I wrote here, let me know. I will be happy to help you through it, but remember, this was how the attendance policy was in June 2012. You could always ask for a copy of the attendance policy to make sure it is the same.  Remember, if you have family, the family is more important on the holidays, even if you don't have family and just want some extra time off, you deserve it if you are putting up with a corrupt Walmart like 3829 is and has been since it opened in 2007.

Sometimes the only way to fight is to fight dirty. I truly believe this personally and sure, you will not make friends with management by doing what I have outlined here and if that is important to you, then by all means ignore what I wrote but if you think it is important for management to work WITH associates, not AGAINST them and you see how that is not happening in your store, or if you're sick of working every single holiday only to turn around and have your hours cut the week after so you wont get that extra $60.00 to $80.00 FOR NO OTHER REASON than the greed of a MULTI-BILLION DOLLAR FAMILY.. then now you know a small but very effective way of fighting back in a way that is totally within Walmart's policy.  
Lastly, ask yourself.. what would happen if every full time employee who has less than 3 points called in for 3 consecutive work days in a row, used OTHER as a reason (#7) on the same day at the same location? Even if 1/2 of the employees did this, that store would be crippled completely. Maybe then the store manager may have to get on a register, or maybe the district manager would take notice of how poorly the store manager is running the store and his or her relationship with the employees. Imagine every employee in the district doing this.. remember, this is ALL within Walmart's attendance policy and they could not do ANYTHING to anyone under 3 points. This is totally possible and with today's social media, it is easier than ever.

For more information on OURWalmart CLICK HERE

Stand up and Live Better!


78 comments:

  1. Ive been terminated after 13 1/2 years with Wal-Mart. For 5 unexcused absences.. but Wal-Mart doesn't take into consideration dr.,excuses. Now im having to appeal my case for unemployment. I worked hard and above and beyond for this so called "family" company. How can I beat it? Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. If you don't have personal, vacation or sick pay to cover the days you missed then they're unexcused, doctor's note or not. Took me 3 years to finally asked around to find all these loopholes mentioned above. Still taking advantage of it. Mgmnt will try to act dumb and get you fired if you don't know your policy and fight it. You know what I do If Mgmnt don't listen? I call market. Then store mgr apologizes for the confusion.

      Delete
    3. How did you make out ? Also what caused the unexcused absences did you call in and get a confirmation number ? Is what this S.Yang lady is saying true, that if you do not have sick time or personal days they are then considered "unexcused" If so thats the unfairest thing I've ever heard of What if a new hire gets sick it happens especially going from day shift to over night like I just did the body takes time to adjust !

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    5. When i do need to call in..i don't take allnthree days...i need a paycheck...that's why i work..i do what i can to get in better shape to return the next night

      Delete
    6. When i do need to call in..i don't take allnthree days...i need a paycheck...that's why i work..i do what i can to get in better shape to return the next night

      Delete
    7. you get paid all 3days....

      Delete
  2. I find it weird that there is only two comments on this post, because it is very informative. Anyway, I've been working at Walmart for almost two months as part time, but I was told the same attendance policy applied to me as it would a full time employee when I was hired in. We don't have many full time people anyway (hardly many people working there at all), unless you count the many assistant managers we have. I called off today (second time since I've been working there), I decided to actually talk to a manager, just to hear what they have to say. They sure didn't sound pleased when I told them I'm sick, they even asked "you're really not going to be able to make it in today, huh?" and when I went into detail, all they said was "alright" and than hung up on me.

    Anyway, what I want to know, as the other person posted above me, what is the definition of an unexcused absence at Walmart?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's say you call in 3 consecutive work days. If you have accumulated vacation, personal and sick hours, you use vaca or pers on the first day then use sick on day 2&3. Do this so you get paid all 3 days. If you have no vaca or pers hours to cover the first day, then day one is unexcused. If you have nothing to cover those 3 days, it's still count only as one unexcused absence. Unexcused just means you don't have anything to cover those days. If you have a health problem or is a caretaker for family member, you may be eligible for intermittent leave. Which means you pretty much take days off when needed and still keep your job.

      Delete
    2. they can not call a sick day unexcused because you do not have the sick time or personal days to cover it so you are telling me walmart can tell you do not get sick until you have sick time thats a crock
      it sounds like to me like someone is feeding you a line of b.s. so you keep bringing home the money I mean ..if your sick your sick why should they "walmart" care if you get paid for a sick day or not !

      Delete
    3. I work at wal-mart and got a verbal discussion for missing 3 days because I was sick. They said unless I had vacation or sick time it counted as an unexcused absence. The only exception was bereavement (a death).

      Delete
    4. An unexcused absence at Walmart is any shift you were scheduled for but did not work, with very few exceptions. Exceptions include bereavement, jury duty, and leave of absence, all of which require action on the associates part before they can be excused. Personal emergency usually does not require prior approval but usually does require having been to ER as a patient.

      Delete
  3. 18 extra unpaid days off? At my store, after thanksgiving pay and our bonus, parttime o/n associates are only working 24 hrs xmas week when we've been working 32-40 hrs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was illegally terminated August 20, 2013. Exactly 10 months from my date of being hired. I launched a Facebook page October 31st, 2013 against Walmart Winona Minnesota, store #5397..
    That page on Facebook: walmart winona minnesota 101 has been viewed: 62057 times as of 12/21/2013 on my 5:00 p.m. update!!!
    But I have been totally frustrated by Ourwalmart.org in convincing them that Grass Roots efforts, like this page, will have far greater impact against Walmart Nationwide! Ourwalmart wants the big, splashy headlines that they get on protesting against Walmart in major cities across the nation by major media outlets. The local media in Winona Minnesota are too afraid of Walmart to publish this petition I set up against a Local Walmart. Even though EEOC has filed against this Walmart on my behalf. Maybe you can convince the Ourwalmart.org and the UFCW to refocus their efforts and back Grass Roots efforts such as mine.
    I met with a representative in person; one each from Ourwalmart.org and the UFCW; and was given support verbally but both have decided that Big and Splashy headlines work better for them. I disagree a lot..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just got called in today to be informed that I have missed 3 days. I was on my way to clock out and get home. After getting home and relaxing I am pretty sure I was told I can not call off again until the middle of June, which is strange since the first call off was Dec 28th!! Also have put off going back into personnel because of a mistake on my last pay. I was recently transferred to another department which was supposed to be filled by Feb 8th, long story short I didn't start until 22nd yet my last check had the new lower wage instead!! When I called about it I was basically giving the run around and told they will put in the request for back pay by because a asst mgr screwed up my actual start date in the computer the request would be denied :/ SERIOUSLY!! Well tomorrow I will get to the bottom of both issues

    ReplyDelete
  6. This article is SUPER informative. May I ask what your sources were exactly before I use this to justify some decisions? Since the WIRE is inaccessible from home, I can't exactly pull up the exact policy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will need the Walmart attendance policy. You will be wanting to work from within their rulebook if you decide to challenge them.

      Delete
  7. wow wish i would have read this before. I was just let go two weeks ago for attendance and my year mark would be in two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anyone with issues with their company -- Walmart or any other -- need to "follow the policy" and this blog has some really good info. Keep in mind, if you believe you have been wrongfully terminated, it's up to YOU to prove it. You need to protect yourself. How do you do that? You document when people tell you the management has got it in for you. (creating a hostile work environment). You need to write down each time you're threatened with a write up or disciplinary action and you should NEVER sign it. Even if they tell you it's a requirement, DON'T do it, because it means YOU AGREE with their assessment of the event in question. You may be able to write a reply to it even if you sign, but DON'T sign their acknowledgement part. If you have to sign anything, write up your interpretation to promote your point of view and then sign that only.

    Here's the important thing and it's a Must Do... If your managers are violating the law by forcing you to work hours you're not scheduled, it's illegal. If they are not allowing you to take lunch hours or your assigned breaks, it's illegal. YOU MUST GO ON THE RECORD and get to your HR department. Tell them you need to document an issue with management that you want on the record and then do it. They will probably discourage it, but tell them you insist and request the original for the store (with the acknowledgement signed by the HR personnel) and a copy for your own files. The more you document, the less action they can take. Retribution is ILLEGAL. But if YOU fail to protect yourself, that's on you, not them. If you are not going to stand up to them, who will?? The next thing I would do is go to LegalShield and talk to one of the attorneys if you have that service. Tell them what's going on and email them copies of all the documents you have. They will give you more guidance. Get physical copies of your attendance, any write ups (yes. you are allowed to have EVERYTHING in your personnel file-- you have the right to request it, but must be made in writing) and ask them what more you need. They may tell you you have to observe the "open door policy", which is basically going to the manager, then when they don't make it right, you go up the next rung on the ladder. At a certain point though, you may not be able to go further and that's when your legal recourse will begin.

    Please, for goodness sake, stand up to this. Quit taking the abuse!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My store has had multiple people through the years incur more than 10 occurrences w/o LOAs. As long As they worked hard it wasn't an issue.. One employee who quit cause his wife got a better job was only at work 36% of his shifts for a quarter when He was a department manager... I know every store is different but at my store hard work pays off.. Our paper goods/chemicals sticker would wear a red shirt almost every day and They didn't care..

    ReplyDelete
  10. You sound selfish, bitter and dishonest. I'm glad you no longer work at Walmart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, have you even worked at a Walmart store? This person perfectly describes my store!

      Delete
  11. What if u called in 2 days in a row instead of 3???? Would that be 1 point or 2???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you call in two consecutive works days (as defined above) it would be one point.

      Delete
  12. Can u use personal time for tardies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The use of personal time is unrestricted, but it cannot erase absences or tardies.

      Delete
    2. The use of personal time is unrestricted, but it cannot erase absences or tardies.

      Delete
  13. I was once told that I could not get sick pay because I didn't call in sick, so how does "other " #7 work?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know I'm over three absences...But no one has talked to me. What did that mean?

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been working a month at #1224 and I just called in my first sick day tonight. I don't plan on calling again...... ever. As long as I can help it. Are there any penalties for just taking one sick day and not doing those extra days to get one full point? I just need some sleep. I had jury duty yesterday. I also have a headache because I hit my head really hard and the aspirin will make me drowsy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Btw my attendance has been flawless since I started a month ago. I seriously just feel like crap right now. It has only been 2 hours since I called in and I already feel 3 times worse.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Funny you should mention calling off Black Friday. Management at #4348 threatens to fire associates who call off on Black Friday. Theyre seriously the worst managers Ive ever worked for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Store 2424 threatens termination of u can't make it black Fri as well I have had to leave early twice and call out twice but it was over a three month period and last night my manager said something about nine call outs before I left what does that mean

      Delete
  19. Can I get fired for call in a death if I done called in three time ?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I called in 15 minutes before the shift because I had an emergency will I get a warning

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have worked at Walmart since the end of March. I found out in October that I was pregnant. I handled everything well at first, but then started dealing with alot of nausea/vomitting. I have missed SEVERAL days of work. They pretty much refuse to work with me. They told me to apply for intermittent leave but I was denied due to the fact that I havent been there for a year. I'm almost to termination. I have 2 coachings already..its been difficult. I even asked if they could cut my hours down and they wouldn't. I refuse to quit. I will work there as long as possible because honestly, I need the money. Any suggestions on what else I can do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually ur doctor can give u a light duty slip :)

      Delete
  22. most likely you will get fired but i have seen people go to top to get their jobs back and they have you have one month to talk to whoever you need to and try to get your job back and for the person who said that you have to take 3 absences for them to count as one that is false it can be 2 or 3

    ReplyDelete
  23. most likely you will get fired but i have seen people go to top to get their jobs back and they have you have one month to talk to whoever you need to and try to get your job back and for the person who said that you have to take 3 absences for them to count as one that is false it can be 2 or 3

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Due to illness I have called in four consecutive days. I just started working for Walmart on 12-15-15 full time. I do have a doctor note for two of those days. The first two days of my illness I was unable to be seen by my doctor because there were no available appointment timed so I ended up at Acute Care to be seen by a physician. I am scheduled to work today even though I am still sick. Can they fire me for already missing the four days even though its all one call in for those four consecutive days? What should I expect to happen? I have been ill with some flu type of virus and Strep. I have even semi lost my voice and cant speak very well. I am a day shift cashier. During new hire orientation they repeated about 20 times "do not call in." I cant help that i've been ill. I am 54 years old. So by calling in four consecutive days for the same illness how many points is that? What if I missed one week for the same illness? Please advise.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Because of the holiday it was impossible to even schedule a doctor appointment or get in to see my doctor. Still being so that this is the holiday weekend. I still am not well and I am in need of follow up care. I cant afford to be fired. I took this job because I need the money. Should I go in to work even though I am not well? What will happen if I called in 5th consecutive day? Are they going to fire me? I chose sick as my reason for these absences and was too sick to leave my house except to go to Acute Care and pick up meds. I did not speak with any manager either when I called the 800 number.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Because of the holiday it was impossible to even schedule a doctor appointment or get in to see my doctor. Still being so that this is the holiday weekend. I still am not well and I am in need of follow up care. I cant afford to be fired. I took this job because I need the money. Should I go in to work even though I am not well? What will happen if I called in 5th consecutive day? Are they going to fire me? I chose sick as my reason for these absences and was too sick to leave my house except to go to Acute Care and pick up meds. I did not speak with any manager either when I called the 800 number.

    ReplyDelete
  28. If I was told my points would clear in December. But called in one more Time since do they still clear?

    ReplyDelete
  29. intermittent leave thru sedgwick is the way to go, if you can. have it for one of my parents, and although it makes co workers bitch and suspicious, they can't prove anything if i don't use it for my parent all the time. i am allowed a few days a month, although i hardly use them all now. legally walmart can't touch you bc it is approved through sedgwick. just be careful who you mention things to in regards to it at your store and ALWAYS give HR your callout and sedgwick numbers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How does one go about getting this "intermittent leave thru Sedgwick" u speak of? I'm struggling with some chronic health issues that have put me on the verge of losing my job due to attendance. I would be very thankful for any direction u could give me in this matter!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  30. WOW! I could have written this - I always called in sick 9 days in a 6 month period and got paid for 6 of the 9 days I called out. I also never understood how people didn't know how to work the system. I had that figured out in the first year - glad to see others figured it out too!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Well sadly now they've changed the policy so this won't work anymore. Instead of 3 days every 6 months, you're given 9 days. So calling in 3 days in a row counts as 3 points. And even though you have 9 points, don't get anymore than 8 because once you get that 9 point, you're fired. I was fired yesterday after using all of my points because the doctors were trying to keep me from getting freaking pneumonia! And I'm still sick now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So it doesn't renew or drop like the old policy?

      Delete
    2. So it doesn't renew or drop like the old policy?

      Delete
    3. Interesting during my interview a few months ago I was told three but u r the second person first being one of my managers who have mentioned nine

      Delete
  32. I've worked at Walmart super center in Moore OK for three months. I'm so upset because I have strep throat and a sinus headache which I'm pretty sure I caught from there. Plus there restrooms near the front of the store is not sanitary in the woman's restroom. In there there is bm on the toilets and it smells so bad. I can't believe that Walmart would put there employees at risk of getting sick or even catching hepatitis b because of the restrooms being so unsanitary. I understand I'm not full time yet but I do feel that it's in humane to work an employee if there willing to show up to work to show management that you really are sick and you didn't just call in. What can me as a employee do cause I really feel that this isn't right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Call the better business bureau or the Walmart hot line matinence is supposed to keep it clean at all times

      Delete
  33. Can someone explain what is meant by "intermittent leave thru Sedgwick"? I'm struggling with some chronic health issues and am on the verge of losing my job due to attendance. Please help!

    ReplyDelete
  34. My wife worked there for a few months but had a mental thing and she was out of work for 2 months they fired her when she came back for 14 no call no shows because they didn't except her doctors notes and the leave of absence packet wasn't filled out in advance of her absences

    ReplyDelete
  35. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I was getting married and put in my time request 6 months in advance. The manager a week before tried to tell me they couldn't accept my request for lack of coverage I told them it was ridiculous they couldn't find someone In 6 months and to approve it or fire me. She approved it. A year later same manager fired me for not organizing the shelf. 10 days after that they asked me to come back and fired her for stealing cell phones. 6 months later I accepted a new job and walked out after I had the flu called out 3 days mon wed fri having tue thurs off said I used all 3 absences and I couldn't be absent again for a year or I was fired

    ReplyDelete
  37. I had a friend who was a manager, he had a grill fall on his back. While out on work related medical leave they fired him for no call no shows. He sued and they settled when they found out he had all his documents and information and the judge started yelling at them about walmarts lack of ethics in this case. Walmart paid out the noise too bad he blew it all after his surgery

    ReplyDelete
  38. People have better work ethics than you, that's why they only call out one day instead of 3 in a row even if its only 1 point. You say mini vacation... your coworkers pay for that. Most companies have the same or similar attendance policy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must be easier in ur Walmart haven't worked at my Walmart for a yr I've already taken on a second job and if I can find a third I quit just because I am a woman I put up with so much shit it unreal and god forbid if ur educated holy shit nothing but loser low lifes and rednecks no joke there r two woman in a crew of say over 25 night stockers and both supervisors r men as a woman I have a very hard time since I had my daughter with female time of the month how do u explain that to a man especially a sexist one or when vomiting up blood in the bathroom and so light headed u want to fall off of a ladder so yea two early leaves two absences in five months isn't terrible but I c where this grl coming from

      Delete
  39. Author are you on Facebook cause I would like to ask you more questions my email is dreamiemonley16@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Will i get my pto pay out after i quit Wal-Mart

    ReplyDelete
  41. Walmart in Canandaigua ny is a joke too. they just threatened to fire me today if my Dr note is not 4 or more days that I work... but your assistance go faster your time is 7hrs 15 minutes on my guide and you didn't get to the floor to work stuff onto shelf until half way through your shift and they say that part of that was when you where online unloading truck

    ReplyDelete
  42. They hired me part time. Just a few weeks later they gave me fulltime but now they are cutting my hrs why? I've been there only 2 months and enrolled for my health insurance. I'm good and I believe my store is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to add in with I'm good (worker) the managers like me. But I just don't understand the hours being cut. Im a Cashier by the way

      Delete
  43. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I’m part-timer and 8 months pregnant (didn’t tell anyone until I was 6-7 months) and noticed they cut my hours to 4 days every month now the month of November I have 2 days and huge gap then have thanksgiving scheduled. My husband was saying it’s because I’m pregnant but the department I work in is slower around this time but last year they had me up cashiering, now I filled out my fmla paperwork and it was denied because I only have 800 hours worked instead of 1200....what I’m saying is do they do this to people is it just coincidence?

    ReplyDelete
  45. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I wouldn't want to work in an environment like this. It makes ne want to stop patronizing Walmart. I feel so bad, bad management and rude customers ... it sounds like employment hell.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Walmart is making a way to meet the customers expectation by following the customers suggestion which they share at survey site. Walmart is that the foremost important mercantile establishment having all accessories for a toddler to adulthood people. it's been taking the feedback from customers through www.survey.walmart.com $1000 gift card.

    Retail store surveys of Kroger, walmart, Homedepot are available, so participate to win rewards.

    ReplyDelete
  48. The type of article you describe is exactly what I was looking for .Turkish visa Australia specifically for Australian citizens. With this visa an Australian visa applicant can easily visit in Turkish .

    ReplyDelete